The Houston Astros announced the signing of undrafted free agent Austin Temple on Thursday. A right-handed pitcher for Notre Dame, Temple pitched four seasons in Jacksonville before his transfer to the Power Five program.
Temple posted a 3.76 ERA and 11.3 K/9s in 69 1/3 innings in his fifth varsity season. In 15 starts for the Irish, the right-hander has four wins and one loss while managing a career-low WHIP (1.24) and BB/9 (4.8).
The Astros also announced the official signings of Zach Dezenzo (12th round), Tommy Sacco Jr. (14th round), Joey Mancini (15th round), Tim Borden II (16th round), Garrett McGowan (17th round) and Ryan Wrobleski ( 20th round) Thursday. All six players reported in West Palm Beach, Florida.
Scroll to continue
Astros sign undrafted free agent pitcher temple
Astros Prospect Kessinger Musters Better Offensive Game
Report: Astros express interest in Cooper from Marlins
Houston is awaiting the signing of 19th-round pick John Garcia as well as 18th-round pick Isaiah Jackson who committed to Arizona State before the Aug. 1 deadline. Garcia confirmed Inside the Astros he will sign with the club as he is also in West Palm Beach.
More SIs inside the Astros:
- Report: Astros sign 11th round pick Clifford
- Murphy could be next on the trade list for Astros
- As Meyers struggles, Astros should target center fielder in trade
- Report: Teams explore the trades of José Siri
- Astros McCullers stretch three innings in second rehab start
- Astros’ Urquidy Rediscovers Success With New Pitch Mix
- Astros swept for the first time in the 2022 season
- Report: Astros ‘ready’ to trade starting pitcher
- Astros prospect Pedro León cuts strikeouts in best offensive month
- Report: Astros ‘extremely aggressive’ as trade deadline approaches
Be sure to follow Inside the Astros on Twitter @InsideAstrosSI!